Hi, thank you for coming to my page. I am Krystal Pennington, LPC, LMFT at Counseling with Krystal. My family and I (while all from Texas) have lived in various places in the U.S., Germany and currently living in Japan! I am a military spouse who has lived through the transitions (PCS’s, TDY’s, and deployments) that come with active duty and the world of reserve life. I am passionate about helping all families work through the differences and struggles they are experiencing. With my experiences as a military spouse, I am incredibly interested in working alongside other military families and the different aspects of their lives.
My educational background includes a Master of Arts in Professional Counseling with additional Marriage and Family Therapy coursework at Texas Wesleyan University and I am EMDR Trained. I am dually licensed in Texas and a Licensed Marriage and Family and Licensed Professional Counselor. I have worked at MHMR of Tarrant County, working with children and families. I also have experience working at a community counseling center in Fort Worth, The Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders, female inmates at Tarrant County jail, and veteran inmates at Collin County Jail.
I have a passion for helping others. Taking the time to get to know each of the people I work with and begin to build a trusting relationship. I love to use humor and have a bit of a nerdy side, which definitely plays into my work.
- Travel and experience more of Japan.
- Spend more time with my graduating senior before the transition to college.
- Read 50 books that are less work-related. (Check back often for to see a list of books I have read this year)
- Incorporate more family fun days each month.
- Spend more one-on-one time with my kids and spouse.
- Expand my work skills and knowledge and focus on improving myself.