Hi, thank you for coming to my page. I am Krystal Pennington, LPC-Associate, LMFT-Associate at Counseling with Krystal. My family and I (while all from Texas) have lived in various places in the U.S., Germany and currently living in Japan! I am a military spouse who has lived through the transitions (PCS’s, TDY’s, and deployments) that come with active duty and the world of reserve life. I am passionate about helping all families work through the differences and struggles they are experiencing. With my experiences as a military spouse, I am incredibly interested in working alongside other military families and the different aspects of their lives.
My educational background includes a Master of Arts in Professional Counseling with additional Marriage and Family Therapy coursework at Texas Wesleyan University and I am EMDR Trained. I am dually licensed in Texas and a Licensed Marriage and Family Associate and Licensed Professional Counselor Associate. I have worked at MHMR of Tarrant County, working with children and families. I also have experience working at a community counseling center in Fort Worth, The Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders, female inmates at Tarrant County jail, and veteran inmates at Collin County Jail.
•Currently under the supervision of Dr. Jennifer Ryan, LPC-S and Elise Thompson, LMFT-S.
I have a passion for helping others. Taking the time to get to know each of the people I work with and begin to build a trusting relationship. I love to use humor and have a bit of a nerdy side, which definitely plays into my work.
- Travel and experience more of Japan.
- Spend more time with my graduating senior before the transition to college.
- Read 50 books that are less work-related. (Check back often for to see a list of books I have read this year)
- Incorporate more family fun days each month.
- Spend more one-on-one time with my kids and spouse.
- Expand my work skills and knowledge and focus on improving myself.